Thursday, November 18, 2010

Who said people didn't like Cowards?

Here I go again! Comic review :) like you like them!

Comic number 2 :

A Criminal - Coward

I bought this comic at the comic book store "Captain Quebec". Suggestion from... I don't actually know his name... Should've asked he helped me a lot on finding this little piece of art.

Keep it real, yo! This comic book is more based on POSSIBLE event. I'm not saying the previous post wasn't but yeah if you like police and action intrigue, this is definitely for you.

The story is about this guy, a genius thief, who is able to escape from any situation since he is so smart and thinks of all the possible way. The fact that he "doesn't walk way from troubles, he run aways from it" gives him the adjective of "coward" hence the title. Anyway, Seymour contacts him for a easy picking job involving 5 millions worth of diamonds, corrupted cops and an ex (I don't know what) anyway you probably see the plot coming.

Art:

8/10, I really like the art as it is dark and sketchy which carries the story pretty well. Although nothing really jumps OUT of the page it is fairly easy to read with that drawing

Story:

9/10, I really got carried away by the story. It is really like a novel :) I like it a lot the plot is interesting! a few climax here and there, loveable character! No wondering it won awards (Eisner award winner for best writer and best new series)

Price:

8/10, Reading it was fairly long for 17.50$ it was worth it, but I saw other comic book place selling for less and like I always said online is WAY cheaper. As you can see it starts from 10.19$ on Amazon.

That's only the first novel though there is more. Every novel introduce a new character but kind of in the same setting so you see characters that you know. Some of the main character even has more than one [book]!

2 comments:

  1. your blog is actually making me want to give graphic novels a try... weird.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TRY! I can let you borrow some of mine! see if you like anything! Or if you tell me what type you like I can try to find one for you :)

    ReplyDelete