Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Lesbian Zombies DO exist [in fiction]!

Sup guys,

Like I promise I'm coming back fresher than ever even though my subject ain't so.

iZombie :)

Comic I bought at 1,000,000 Comix (Montreal)

I got to tell you I was pleasantly surprise, as it was my first purchase there, when I paid.

I go "So how much is it for it?"
He goes "1 dollar"
I go "What? 1 dollar?"

hahaha nice! anyway back to the subject

If you were looking for a comic with lesbian zombie, a WereDog?, and a lesbian ghost. I think I found your prefect comic.

So basically the story opens on Gwen, did I say lesbian zombie?, as it seems a regular girl digging hole for coffins, for a job. After her day, she meets up with her girlfriend which is dead 40 years ago to go on a date with her hairy friend... ok I have to admit the first issue doesn't have action. The end though introduce the real purpose of the comic. It seems that there are Hunters that kill paranormal stuff (AKA Gwen and her friends) and that she also have to eat a brain every month (if she doesn't she becomes a mindless zombie...who wants that?!) and by eating the brain of the *SPOILER* [ok not really a spoiler but still] person she dug a grave for, she is able to see into their memories. The first issues ends up on her eating the brain on someone who has been murdered. So she basically will avenge him or something.

Anyway here goes my rating :

Art : 7.5/10

Not really my type of art, but it is pretty easy to adapt to it. I find that it reach easily the old fashion comics fan and the more "contemporain" art that we see with the comics of today.

Story: 8/10

Story has a lot of potential and I feel it is going into a more exciting turn. I'll give it a chance since it was the first issue. Introduction of the characters are a bit "chunky" I feel it is rushed though

Price: 10/10

1$, nuff said.

No comments:

Post a Comment