Thursday, November 4, 2010

New Challenger!

Alright, I initially created this blog for this main goal :

Share you new discoveries I made.

First off :

Sky-Doll:
It is not NEW but it is certainly not known enough here in America. I discovered it when the author Barbara Canepa came to Montreal for the Comiccon. At first I wasn't sure what the buzz was around that author until I looked it up on wikipedia. Trust me, I fell in love with it. Now I own almost all the issues. My bedroom has many posters of it. I even stood 2 hours just for a freakin' dedicace. Anyway, it will blow your mind.

Summary:
In a world, where the population use doll as prostitute or sexual entertainment, one of these doll is unique . First it looks like a runaway story but then it turns into something much more interesting. It also oppose two idea : The virgin and the bloody. Anyway I feel that I make a terrible summary :P so I'll just copy-pasta some here.

"The action is set in a fictitious parallel universe, in which the papacies of Agape (representing spiritual love) and Lodovica (Ludovica, or Ludowika, depending on the language, and representing sexual love) fall into a conflict, resulting in the banishment of Agape and the creation of a dystopia in which both spiritual and sexual freedoms have been perverted. With Agape's followers labeled as heretics, Lodovica rules the galaxy through extensive control of the mass media, using "miracles" to impress the fanatical populace. The main character is Noa, a so-called Sky Doll: a life-like android without rights, resembling a young female, who exists only to serve the state's desires. Noa meets two "missionaries", and with their help escapes from its tyrannical master. Unknown to Lodovica, it accompanies the thoughtful, naive Roy and distrustful Jahu on their interstellar mission to uproot the growing "heretic" religion on the planet Aqua, which soon develops into something much more. Eventually, mysterious powers seem to suggest Noa is more than just an ordinary robot." - Directly from my friend Wikipedia :)


Anyway it is worth to take a look at it. MAJOR HIT in Europe. Although you might get weird looks from your mom if you are a bit young. You will see why :P.


Don't worry it is available in English, Marvel even did some printing :D


Second one:


Hack/Slash:
I recently found that one while I was roaming in some comic-book store, I think it started in 2008. Anyway, Horror + Humour = every guy entertainment RIGHT? I can't really say anything but I already bought my collection so I might give you guys a bit detail then. I don't want to spoil myself so I WON'T copy paste the summary :P but there is this video that shows a little sneak peek and really puts you into the mood.







EDIT:
Read the first omnibus (Collection of Hack/slash) and it is AWESOME! Funny, kinky, and scary at the same time! I can't wait to read the second one!

Basically it is the story of a girl hunting psychopathic killers with a huge scary [but kind of retarded] companion.

Honestly Amazon is the cheapest I could found (cheaper than Comic book store) best place

No comments:

Post a Comment